American Date in Thunderbird

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Oct 15 01:01:57 UTC 2005

--On Friday, October 14, 2005 9:25 AM +0000 Dotan Cohen
<dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Thunderbird mail client defaults to the mm/dd/yyyy date format. I
> need to replace that with dd/mm/yyyy. I found the answer is to change
> LC_TIME to my local setting (he_IL). But where is that stored? I
> tried:
> /etc/profile
> ~/profile
> ~/.profile
> ~/.bash_profile
> ~/.bashrc
>
> and several others that turned up in searches. But none of them have
> this setting. Where is it located in Fedora Core 4? Thank you.

Alas, I don't know the answer to that question.

Have you considered ISO 8601, though? I hate the ambiguity of both of the
above formats, plus, they don't sort properly. I much prefer yyyymmdd, with
or without punctuation.

<http://www.saqqara.demon.co.uk/datefmt.htm>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO8601>