ipw2200 firmware not loaded

harald.schwier at freenet.de harald.schwier at freenet.de
Tue Oct 18 06:35:56 UTC 2005

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
Hallo and thank you for you answer,
>>  ieee80211_crypt: registered algorithm 'NULL'
>> ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Driver, 1.0.0
>> ipw2200: Copyright(c) 2003-2004 Intel Corporation
>>
>> Nothing about the firmware and the files in /lib/firmware are not touched.
>> Thanks in advanced,

>I don't think you have a problem. The firware is loaded onto the card
>when it is initialised, you don't get a message unless it fails.
>With the 2100, you get a message like:

> If you do "iwconfig", is the card present?

iwconfig shows no wireless interface.
If i use "ls -l --time=use /lib/firmware" i see that the
firmware files are not touched ( and i think that they should
be touched if the firmware is loaded). And even if i delete the
firmware files, i get no error message if i load the ipw2200
module!
Thanks in advance,
Harald

"Jetzt Handykosten senken mit klarmobil - 18 Ct./Min.! Hier klicken"
www.klarmobil.de/index.html?pid=73025