Please opt me out immediately

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Oct 19 07:20:38 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 22:29, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 18, 2005 10:19 PM -0500 Joe Roppe
>
> <joeroppe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm getting about 44 spam emails from you per HOUR
>
> Questionable. I've gotten maybe 150 messages over the last day. Could Joe
> be getting joe-jobbed? I presume that this list doesn't accept posts from
> non-subscribers? (That doesn't seem to be true of all the Red Hat lists.)

Gee, 44 per hour!...  I might see one or two per week on the list.  I feel
jilted and deprived.  This sounds more like someone just trying to stir up
trouble.

Yes, spam does get onto the list occassionally, but not very much.  I think
that some people sign up for the list with the intent of spamming it's
members.

Just my 1.5 cents

Tom

--