Good DVD Player

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:15:23 UTC 2005

OK, the ample file (*.exe) is a self extracting zipped archive. It has got
.wav=3017kb and another .wma=143kb file packed.
I have tried many other multichannel files available for download but they
are music files whereas the sample file is a test files identifying
individual channel content with individual speaker.
I do not wish to load list-archive with a 500+ Kb attachment and suggest U
to kindly unzip the sample file, please use "wine" if U can. I may email the
file to U directly if required/permitted.
Thanks again.

 On 10/20/05, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:
>
> > Thanks Joel,
> > I do have a 6 channel capable sound card and is covered by ALSA HCL, I
> have
> > read (may be more is required) on ALSA, I have installed necessary
> software,
> > but 6 channel output is not a success.
> > I use KDE and kmix does show 6ch ( 6 channel output) option; but the
> sample
> > <
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/winmediatech40/Utility/1.0/W98NT42KMeXP/EN-US/6channel.exe
> >files
>
> The sample file is an exe? if you want a reasonable sample, try a dvd with
> a dolby digital or dts soundtrack.
>
> > do not play *correctly* only on Linux platform. This means that the
> output
> > is going to individual speakers but not to all 6 turn by turn (as the
> sample
> > file is designed) and also not to the designated speaker.
> > Can you please confirm if the sample file plays correctly for you.
> > Thanks in advance.

> have
> but
> >> no
> >>
> >> Plenty of sound cards support 6 channel output via alsa...
> >>
> >> the alsa project and it's mailing lists is the best place to look for
> info
> >> on sound chipsets.
> >>
> >> http://www.alsa-project.org/
> >>
> >> there's really not that much to it. after selecting a reasonable card
> (say
> >> something based on the emu10k2 like the soundblaster audigy) you just
> need
> >> an accomidating dvd playback app, vlc xine and mplayer can all do it,
> and
> >> then you're done.

> asking
> >> on