power problem on FC4 box cured by holding in the reset button creating a perplexed user.

Robert Cahn robertscahn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 23:03:29 UTC 2005

I'm just home from a trip. I powered on my FC4 box and the disks whirr for a
second and then the box goes dead except for the power on light. I tried
disconnecting things that weren't really being used (like a left over
winmodem) and it didn't power on. Finally I hit the power button while
holding the reset button. After all the disks had spun up I released the
reset button. The first time this failed but the 2nd time the box booted.
Something isn't right but is it the power supply, the wiring, or what?
Anybody who can help me think this one through before I just start buying
and swapping parts would receive many thanks.

/Bob Cahn
GIpsy Trail Club
Carmel, NY 10512