best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Oct 24 14:21:09 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, October 23, 2005 9:01 PM -0400 "Amadeus W. M."
<amadeus84 at cablespeed.com> wrote:

> Both xine and mplayer are players, they do not modify the files, so in
> particular you can't add information, etc. For viewing they are both good
> viewers, and the defaults are fine, and so is vlc (video-lan client).
> I liked oggle too, but for some reason it disappeared from FC4.

I wanted to watch my new Firefly boxed set, so I tried both xine and
mplayer, and neither displayed the opening menu, just the initial animation
before the menu. I was able to play the disk with VLC on Win2k, though. I
haven't had a chance to go back and try VLC on FC4 to see if it's any
better.