Including php_mysql in php5 on fedora 4

Roy Erickson erickson at pixelmagicfx.com
Tue Oct 25 18:48:56 UTC 2005

Hi:

I'm trying to help my son get a "eqdkp.org" server running. After
following it's install instructions we get to the point where it
complains that the mysql module is not present.

phpinfo shows that the "configure command" has '--without-mysql' in
what I presume was the compile option. (I just selected php and all
related php modules I saw during the Fedora install -- maybe I forgot
one?).

php.org discusses the issue: (( See http://us3.php.net/mysql ))

"PHP 5+

MySQL is not enabled by default, nor is the MySQL library bundled with
PHP. ... Use the --with-mysql[=DIR] configure option to include MySQL
support. You can download headers and libraries from MySQL."

When I go there I don't see any clear instructions on what I need to do:
	-- how to recompile php (where is the makefile, or what ever it these
days we use to compile)
	-- where to get and then where to put php_mysql.so

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Roy and Matt