Monitor Resolution and Thunderbird address book

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Tue Oct 25 21:18:11 UTC 2005

Hello List,
   I have a friend who purchased an LCD monitor for
an FC4 machine.  The monitor is limited to a resolution of
800x600.  They cannot manipulate the entries in their
address book because it does not fit on the screen and
the OK button is off screen.  Closing with the X box
throws the entry away.  Resizing the window lets you see
just the top of the screen.  "Move" will not let me move the top
of the window off screen to get to the OK button.
   Google searches located 2 others with this problem, one
fixed this by changing the resolution, which does not work on
this machine.  The other says there was a scroll bar in their
address book entry window.  I see no such scroll bar no matter how
I resize the window.  I searched their .js files and the about:config
and could not find anything which looks like it would turn on
a scroll bar.

Has anyone else had experience with this sort of problem?

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Robert E. Styma
Principal Engineer (DMTS)