Fedora Core 4 Update: dhcdbd-1.9-1.FC4

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Thu Oct 27 08:01:31 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 18:22 +1300, Morgan Read wrote:
> Jason Vas Dias wrote:
> > Fedora Update Notification
> > FEDORA-2005-998
> > 2005-10-26
> >
> > Product     : Fedora Core 4
> > Name        : dhcdbd
> > Version     : 1.9
> > Release     : 1.FC4
> > Summary     : DHCP D-BUS daemon (dhcdbd) controls dhclient sessions with D-BUS, stores and presents DHCP options.
> > Description :
> Can anyone tell me where to get this package?  I have various problems not
> having it installed might explain (doesn't appear in my 'Services' or rpm
> -q), but don't see it on the dvd fc4, or to install via yum (yumex)?

Hi Morgan,

yum (or yumex) is the correct way to get this update. It may not have
worked the first time, as sometimes there is a delay between the update
announcement and the file making it to the various mirror servers.

Give it another try - if you still can't get the update, there may be a
problem with your yum configuration.

I have not used "yumex", but to update using yum,

 1) open a new terminal window
 2) su -
 3) yum update

For info, "rpm" will show packages that are already installed, but won't
show available updates.

Cheers, Ben