FC4 does not work, 'out of the box' for me; GUI/X11 fails

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 27 16:23:28 UTC 2005

Robin Laing wrote:

> Why not automate the packages to be the latest?  Isn't this what
> computers are supposed to be good at?  How hard would it be to make a
> bi-weekly package.  Release the packages as FCx.yymmdd   The ISO's would
> just be created from the current packages.  The date code provides users
> to know the date of the image.

And how many mirrors want to transfer an extra ~12 GB bi-weekly?  That's
just for the ISOs.  Double that for the exploded trees.

And how many people want to test these ISO sets bi-weekly to make sure no
bugs have creeped in?

And how long does the none-technical side of creating new ISOs take?  In
the past ISOs have been ready a week early, but were waiting on
non-technical issues.

--
William Hooper