Building a rpm with ant

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Thu Oct 27 19:44:15 UTC 2005

Ant is typically a replacement for "make".  Neither of which generate
rpms.  What you'd want to do is build an rpm with a spec file, and in
that spec file call on ant.

I've found this link to be quite helpful.

http://www.fedora.us/wiki/PackagingHints

though it doesn't deal specifically with Ant it is still a good
resource.  I do use ant to build java packages with rpmbuild.

	-Mike