Where is FC4.1?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Oct 28 05:06:51 UTC 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 23:54, William Hooper wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>>
>>> See the archives, please.
>>>

>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-September/msg01939.h
>>>tm l
>>
>> Unforch, torrents only.
>
>I see no mention of such a limitation in your above question.

I was hoping someone had mirrored the .iso's by now.

>>  And torrents don't seem to get thru my firewall.
>>  And no one seems interested in telling me how to cut a hole in
>> iptables, my routers nat, etc.
>
>Google will:
>
>http://www.google.com/search?q=bittorrent+iptables
>
>Looks like the first hit has the answers to both your questions.

Ok, printed that and did it, looks like it should shove it right thru to
this box with the iptables rules engaged via the bash script.  An
iptables --list shows this once the script is run.
---
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp
dpts:6881:6999

and

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6890
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6891
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6892
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6893
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6894
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6895
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6896
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6897
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6898
ACCEPT     tcp  --  coyote.coyote.den    anywhere           tcp dpt:6899
----
neat that it hides the address in favor of the local fqdn of the box, I
like that.

And I've set port forwarding in the router for 6881-6999, tcp only, per
instructions.

And I've installed the rpm "BitTorrent-4.0.1-1.noarch.rpm" but there
doesn't seem to be
much in the way of documentation on howto start the tracker, or howto
start a download.
In fact, everything that I've been able to make run seems to be server
related, even the
btdownloadgui.py window has no place to enter a url as the starting src.

So I'm not much farther ahead than I was 2 hours ago.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)