htaccess log

tlc tlc at artemide.us
Fri Oct 28 13:10:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 04:53 -0700, M E Fieu wrote:
> Hi.. I have a apache folder which was protected with .htaccess..  and I found that the htaccess
> user login history is recorded in  /var/log/httpd/access_log together with all other public web
> access log , is there a way to seperate the .htaccess log to somewhere else
its not an htaccess log .. its just the access log. Every page that is
loaded through the webserver will show up in the access_log ( or what
ever you define it as in the conf file ) ... if there is a user logged
in, yes one of the fields displays the username .. but its not an
htaccess log .... you can alter th log format to not show a username if
you want and you can define your own log formats .. but it might screw
with any log analyzer programs you may be using. Is this causing a
problem for you?