SmartLink Modem Family Woes (Snap Snap)

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Sun Oct 30 03:15:07 UTC 2005

Claude Jones wrote:

>On Sat October 29 2005 9:11 pm, taharka wrote:
>

>>I use Multi-Tech Systems, Inc. modems exclusively & their USB modems
>>were external winmodems with a Lucent chip set. Multi-Tech also makes
>>internal/external modems that are Linux/Unix certified. Maybe this is
>>the one that escapes you ;-)
>>

>Yes, I remember your recommending these earlier. I actually went and priced
>them, but I found them pretty pricey, and couldn't find any discounts. The
>ones I mentioned were the result of price as well as results shopping. The
>USR 5610B is about $10-15 less than the Multi-tech internal, if I remember
>correctly. The Zoom and Trendnet modems are far less - I think I paid around
>$35 for the Trendnet and about $56 for the Zoom.

When you buy Multi-Tech products, you're paying for quality. Their
products are built in Mounds View, MN on state of the art Fuji pick and
place equipment. Each product comes with free life time technical
support via toll free number/email/fax back system. Multi-Tech modems
control the traffic signals to the on ramps of California's Freeways.
Multi-Tech also invented the VOIP & still holds the patent rights to it.
The next time you see armored car personel refilling an ATM machine, ask
them what brand of modem is in it ;-) About the best deal you'll get on
a Multi-Tech modem, is through "Modem Express". They are a few miles
west of the Mounds View plant in Plymouth, MN. Website is; modemexpress.com

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.