amarok 1.3.5 and mysql???

Øyvind Stegard oyvinst at ifi.uio.no
Sun Oct 30 12:46:31 UTC 2005

oleksandr korneta wrote:
> is all this suppose to mean that there is no way for amarok rpm without
> the mysql dependence to appear (just because there is nothing special
> about that dependency), and I just can go ahead and install whatever is
> available for now?

Why not just grab the source RPM and modify the spec file to make sure Amarok is
not built with the MySQL requirement (I'm guessing it's a configure flag, which
you'll find in the spec) ?

Check out these links:
[1] http://fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/
[2]
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/4/SRPMS/amarok-1.2.4-6.fc4.src.rpm

1. rpmbuild quick starter.
2. Amarok source RPM.

You might have to install certain build-dependencies (-devel packages
w/dependencies). These can easily be installed with yum.

And for a slightly more "political" reply, I think one should have a very large
music collection to justify the need for MySQL when there is sqlite. But then
again, it's only the client libs, in this case.

Øyvind
--
< Øyvind Stegard < oyvinst at ifi uio no >
  < http://www.oyvind.nu/