fc4 yumex update now no sound

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 01:02:55 UTC 2005

Hi,

  I just ran updates to my fc4 laptop and fc4 desktop.
On the desktop I did everything including the latest
kernel. On the laptop I skipped the kernel cause I
didn't feel like reinstalling nvidia drivers and
ndiswrapper.

  Both are having problems with sound under supertux.
but I can play stuff in mplayer. I don't know what
exactly was updated, gtk2 might have been one of them.
If someone can point me in the right direction, I
would really appreciate it.

  Even better, if someone happens to have a could idea
inspite of my vaque description, I would really
appreciate that.

TIA,
-j