SAMBA home directories and SELinux

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 1 02:37:33 UTC 2005

Hi,
I am new user of FC4. I had similar problem in my LAN
too.

have you checked if your linux hostname is configured
properly? SAMBA, SElinux conbination seems to
manipulte the hostname or somentihg like that. (I am
novice user :-) )

In my case I found out that my hostname set during the
installation of FC4 was somehow manipulated when I
tried to use samba and selinux. I had to manually set
my linux hostname (I used GUI tool) and its everything
is working.

because of this hostname thing even my httpd was not
working properly.

my problem before was when samba is running, windows
clients can locate the machine and browsers can locate
served page but when samba is stopped, everything
stops also.

I have no idea where the problem lies but its ok now.