Thunderbird email reader -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Sat Oct 1 13:27:18 UTC 2005

Lars E. Pettersson wrote:

>On 09/30/2005 05:45 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>>Does anyone tell me how to stop Thunderbird from asking
>>
>>"Advance to next unread message in ................."
>>

>In ~/.thunderbird/default/<some_characters>/user.js add
>
># How to handle the Advance to next unread message in <x> folder
># prompt.
>#
># Settings:
>#     0 - Always go to the next folder without prompting
>#     1 - Ask before going (default behavior)
>#     2 - Don't prompt and don't go to the next folder with unread
>#         messages
>user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);
>
>(or chose 2 if you do not want to automatically go to next folder with
>unread messages)
>
>Lars

Ok, I had to add "user.js" and I selected "2" from the above.  That
seems to be an improvement over the default in that when I scroll to the
bottom of a message it does not present me with the menu that requires a
response but brings up the next unread message in that [message filter]
directory.  I think I can live with that.  The important thing is
knowint how to make such changes.  Of course I still don't know how to
find things like:
"user_pref("mailnews.nav_crosses_folders", 0);"  And certainly the
nomenclature doesn't tell much?

Thnak you for the help.

Bob