Stopping apps when logging out of Gnome

Peter Gordon admin at ramshacklestudios.com
Sat Oct 1 22:10:12 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 00:02 +0200, Patrick wrote:
> In Menu -> Desktop -> Preferences -> More Preferences -> Sessions I can
> specify the apps that I want to start when I login to gdm/gnome. Now I
> want to do the opposite when I logout (so stop an app). Anyone have an
> idea how I do that?

I'm probably mistaken, but doesn't this happen anyway?

My understanding of it is that the processes you've set to start at the
beginning of each session are child processes to the session manager,
so once you log out, the session manager is killed; and because of this
its child processes are also killed. :O
--
()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
/\  vCards, and proprietary formats.
E-Mail: admin at ramshacklestudios.com
GnuPG Public Key ID: 0x87C59026
Encrypted and/or Signed correspondence preffered.
My blog: http://peter.ramshacklestudios.com/blog/