Compaq DeskPro SB FC4

Randall J. Berry lrx.lists at verizon.net
Sun Oct 2 10:51:06 UTC 2005

	Hello,
I have a Compaq DeskPro SB pII 266/66, 256MB pc133, 41GB in 2 HD's
(I know old Junk but I'm on a tight budget and this was a freebie)

FC 4 seems to notice the sound card as a generic ESS and it will play
sound but I cannot get any audio in from the Mic. I know the Mic
works, it just doesn't work in this machine.

I've also got 2 other sound cards one a Sound blaster the other a
generic ESS both are ISA as is the Compaq card. But none of these will
cards work. In fact the machine will not even boot to post with either
card installed in place of the Compaq card. Again, these cards work in
other machines.

Has anyone had any experience with these old dinosaurs in getting the
audio to work properly either with the installed card or a substitute?

If you've found a card that will work as a sub please let my know
which one it is I'd like to replace the Compaq one that's in there now.

tia