system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Oct 2 13:44:09 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 08:19 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 09:18:45PM +0800, "國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" wrote:
> > Yes, it's happening to me too and I'm having thoughts about switching to
> > another distribution.
> >
> > Yeaw Chu Lee wrote:
> That seems rather extreme reaction since:
> 1, If it is reported to bugzilla it can be fixed.
> 2, The 1.2.38-0 version works ,
> 3. Adding a group is so easy to do by command line processing.
I agree with all of these, but #3 is hard to do for those who are
intimidated or otherwise petrified by the thought of using a command
line interface.  This may be because they don't like to, have never
needed to, or refuse to, but it still applies.

So many users are limited to using gui tools and the often restricted
functionality of them that it scares me.