Problem with the kernel 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4 and PPP

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 16:38:44 UTC 2005

Dear All

I have already post this on the pptpclient list, but it may be also
useful to let Fedora Core community know about this. I have just
updated the kernel to 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4, and now I cannot use
pptpconfig, getting the following error:

/usr/sbin/pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.  This could be because
the PPP kernel module could not be loaded, or because PPP was not
included in the kernel configuration.  If PPP was included as a
module, try `/sbin/modprobe -v ppp'.  If that fails, check that
ppp.o exists in /lib/modules/`uname -r`/net.
See README.linux file in the ppp distribution for more details.

pptpconfig: pppd process terminated by signal 4 (failed)
pptpconfig: SIGILL

Regards,

Paul