how to install a printer in FC4 CLI only

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Sun Oct 2 23:11:10 UTC 2005

Michael A. Peters wrote:

>I had to ssh into my headless box and set up printing with links, so I
>suspect that is the case.

I'm actually interested in an answer to the original question for a
slightly different reason.  I have a setup to automatically configure
more or less identical workstations here, namely by installing FC4
followed by running a shell script via something like

links -source http://myhost/prepare.sh | sh

per the "Automating Unix and Linux System Adminstration" book.  However,
I have been unable to figure out how to do a non-interactive
command-line setup of a CUPS printer.  Any ideas?