X & ViewSonic VG710b using the 810 driver

Bill Gradwohl bill at ycc.com
Mon Oct 3 00:03:20 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 19:43 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> This probably is not a solution, but did you see if you could adjust
> "gnome-display-properties". There is a pull-down you can adjust
> vertical refresh. I am thinking that one is interacting with the X settings.
>
> Regarding the Intel 865, I have an 856G away at work. I run 1280x1024
> and note no problem. I believe gnome-display-properties shows 75HZ for
> my settings. I can check out this tomorrow to verify vertical settings.
> I have th latest version released into updates for FC4 installed.

I tried that when I had a max setting of 1024x768. The only option it
would display is 85Hz and it wouldn't work. Thereafter I set up
1280x1024, but never tried your suggestion on THAT setting.

Well, I just tried it, and it offers 75Hz for 1280x1024, and all is
working.

Thank you for making the suggestion. I still don't understand where the
87Hz is coming from, and I can't use 1024x768, but I'll take 1280x1024.

--
Bill Gradwohl