Error compiling mailm

Ubence Quevedo r0d3nt at pacbell.net
Mon Oct 3 03:19:36 UTC 2005

I'm trying to compile mailm in Fedora Core 4 [both i386 and AMD64]
but run into an error during make.

Configure seems to work ok.

./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for pid_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for vasprintf... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating config.h

But running make check returns the following error.

make check
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.     -g -O2 -c encode.c
encode.c: In function âb64_sendâ:
encode.c:252: error: label at end of compound statement
encode.c:280: error: label at end of compound statement
make: *** [encode.o] Error 1

Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing this?  I
mostly want mailm for running scripts to e-Mail attachments.  If
someone can recommend a more recent program or method, I would love
to hear it.

-Ubence