system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

"國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar)" survivor at brisnet.org
Mon Oct 3 07:58:19 UTC 2005

One of the reasons why Windoze users are so hesitant about switching to
Linux is that they fear having to use the command line.  If Linux is to
win users over, it'd have to go the GUI way.  Let me tell U a story.
More than ten years ago, I was using WordPerfect 5.0 and a uni mate was
using MS Word.  I thought that I was smarter as WordPerfect was much
harder use, whereas MS Word was merely a matter of point-and-click.  The
fact is, my uni mate could churn out a piece of work in a fraction of
the time that I could, even though she was what we called, a "computer
illiterate".

Personally, I think that doing things the GUI way is more efficient.
There's this package that I use everyday that requires me to compile a
source rpm everytime I upgrade the kernel, and anytime I need to use it,
I have to key in a very long command.  Now, wouldn't a GUI version be
simpler and more efficient for the user?