CPU frequency.

Strong s-strong at mail.ru
Mon Oct 3 09:03:59 UTC 2005

I want to optimize my kernel (2.6.12) to be at the lowest frequency when
idle (to save power) and to be fully loaded when busy. I've read CPUfreq
in the kernel doc still didn't understand how I should configure my
kernel. As I understood it's possible to set it statically to the
highest/lowest freq. and there are some programs called userspace ones
that can control it dynamically but they got to have root permissions,
so not many (almost all)... So what's the best decision here?

--
Best regards,
Strong.