how to install a printer in FC4 CLI only

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Oct 3 20:50:54 UTC 2005

On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 03:49:08PM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 18:01 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> > Just execute system-config-printer-tui
> >
> > Another option is to connect to the machine using a browser from a
> > remote machine:
> > http://machine_name:631/
>
> I believe in fc4 cups by default only listens on localhost (as it
> should)
That is true but it can be configured to listen wherever you want it
to listen in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf. However this is not relevant unless
you are setting up a print-server. Is your headless box the
print-server. If so on any client you need to just fill in the server
name in the /etc/cups/client.conf file.