[Solution]Re: CD stopped working under FC3...

flp magicus at snet.net
Mon Oct 3 20:55:05 UTC 2005

flp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This has me puzzled, I can no longer play CDs on my FC3 box.  Putting a
> CD into the drive seems to just spin it with the access light flashing
> and after a while nothing.  The last time I used it (probably last week)
> it brought up Gnome-CD and played fine.  All updates are current. AFAIK
> I have not changed anything (intentionally).
>
> TIA

Discussions w/ friends over margaritas suggested a bad drive.  I replaced it
today and now all seems to be working as expected.  Yeah!

HTH someone else who has a similar experience.

ciao,
furlan

--

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://flprim.us/index.html

Music is essentially useless, as life is.
-- George Santayana