Error while reading /etc/selinux/targeted/booleans

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 15:49:21 UTC 2005

--- Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares wrote:
> > --- Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> >> kernel-2.6.12-1.1378_FC4

> selinux-policies
> >>>
> >> may

> >> right

> >> Do you have a booleans.local file?
> >>

> > No, it is just called booleans in the
> > /etc/selinux/targeted/ directory.
> >
> I have no clue.
> Are you up to date on all policy files?

Guess that could be the problem.  I forced the
2.6.12-1.378_FC3 kernel and the policies which were
not installing.

> Might be some kind of mismatch on policy and the
> kernel.

It could be.  I fell back to the 2.6.9-1.667 default
fedora kernel.

> Is the rest of selinux working correctly?
Apparently it is with 2.6.9 kernel.

I am deliberating whether to install fedora core 4,
which is working fine on two other machines I run, or
try another time to install again and check if it will
work.  When I ran the latest FC3 kernel, I could not
open any web page like yahoo so I got desperate and I
removed it.

Thanks for helping out.  Any advice/suggestions are
greatly appreciated.

Antonio