how to recover deleted files?

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 16:27:08 UTC 2005

--- Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> [snip]
>
> > You used to be able to undelete files using
> debugfs and midnight
> > commander. But un-deleting a extxfs file is much
> harder than normal
> > Windows file systems. Are there really Windows
> tools to recover files
> > from extxfs file systems? Out of ignorance I did
> not know you could
> > run Windows on an ext2fs or ext3fs file system.
> Can you?

> Mike

You got it wrong way. what I mean is there are lots of
tools to recover the files from extxfs which runs in
windows platform.
Take a look at this:
http://www.data-recovery-software.net/Linux_Recovery.shtml
and there are dozens of tools out there (similar like
this) for windows platform which can recover extxfs.

PS. By the way your kind of comments doesn't really
help the people. Instead of these comments if you have
adviced on how to use the "commander" thingy, that
could have helped a lot.

Anyway thank a lot. I've already recoverd my files.

________