network

Tina Wang tina06992003 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 17:54:03 UTC 2005

Hi, All,

I have installed the FC4 on my four processor box. I have two problems which I need your helps.

1. I can ping and ftp to this box,  but can't access it through telnet or other methods. The error message is "could not open connection to the host on port 23:connect failed". I checked the service of "xinetd" is running, I do not know how to make this work.

2. I have four processors, when I checked with command "top", only one processor is showing. However, when it was the older version, FC1, I could clearly see four processors with the command "top".  However the file of "/proc/cpuinfo" shows that there are four processors.

Any helps will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Tina