Booting to different resolutions...?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Oct 4 21:10:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 09:47:56AM -0500, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> Hello again,
> I have a laptop who's screen has a native resolution of 1920x1200.  I have a
> monitor at my work which has a native resolution of 1680x1050.  My system
> boots to runlevel 5.  The problem is that I have to edit my xorg.conf file
> everytime I plug in or unplug my monitor.  How can I get it detect if the
> monitor is plugged in and thusly use one modeline and resolution settings,
> but if not plugged in, use another modeline and resolution settings?
>
> Thanks for the help.
All you need to do is put the two resolutions on the same line. You
can switch between resolutions by using ctrl-alt-(+ or -) using the
+ and - on the keypad.
The Official Colorado State Vegetable is now the "state legislator".
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484