Mounting windows at startup

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 06:00:42 UTC 2005

On 8/28/05, Steven Stern <subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
> > How can I mount the following at the startup:
> >
> > mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows
> as root, mkdir /windows/c
>
>  From my /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/sda1   /windows/c   ntfs   users,owner,ro,umask=000 0 0
>
> You'd use /dev/hda1 for the Windows C: drive

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed
0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,managed
0 0
/dev/hda1		/mnt/windows		vfat	users,owner,ro,umask=000 0 0

However, I'm not sure "where" the windows partition "is", except that
I can't change directory to /dev/hda1, so I know it's not there.

Everything above is from my actual fstab except the last line to mount
the vfat/FAT32/windows partition.

The files /dev/hda and /dev/hda1 and /dev/hda3 are empty, and
shouldn't they be directories, not files?  My FC3 system's a bit
mucked up somehow.

-Thufir