nvidia GeForce 6600 driver and video problem

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 08:40:12 UTC 2005

rhgb and SELinux seems to interfere with the
installation of nvida driver. you are using FC4 right?
have a look at:
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Linux_Installation_Notes#nVidia:

I don't know if it applies to your video card but
process must be similar. I had a old nvidia card and
followed the installation steps. It works fine for me.

--- Barry Yu <barryyupuilee at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Downloaded driver NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-7676-pkg1.run
> from nvidia site.
> During the whole installation process everything
> seems fine without
> error message displayed, but the end result is; Only
> can have resolution
> 600x480 and 800x600, leaving over an inch of empty
> space (Black) at 4
> sides on display.
> The CPU is Athoon XP 1700, any help? Thanks

________