gnome-panel error message won't go away

Laurence laurence at orchards.org.uk
Wed Oct 5 14:05:53 UTC 2005

Hi All

I have a problem with gnome-panel, I get an error message box displayed
that says "I've detected a panel already running, and will now exit".
If I click "OK" in this box it goes away, but immediatly reappears.
I have tried restarting X and even rebooting the machine, but each time
this box comes back. I have the panel running ok, but get this box in
addition. In my attempts to clear this problem I have now ended up with
3 of these error message boxes all of which I can't get rid of!!

HELPPPP!!!

Laurence