mplayer codec in Fedora Core 4

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Oct 5 14:21:26 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 01, 2005 at 11:22:14AM +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Friday 30 September 2005 18:08, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> > Marcel, where do i get RPM for essential and add-on codecs?
>
> You'll find it here :
> http://dl.atrpms.net/fc4-i386/atrpms/RPMS.stable/
> (name is w32codec)
>
> The best is to add the atrpms repository to your yum installation or install
> smart and let yum/smart handle the installation.
>
> Regards,
> Marcel
I have added this codec, installed mplayer, mplayer-libs and
mplayer-plugin rpms and still www.cnn.com videos demand the Windows
Media Player. Has anyone ever got this to work for news videos?

I used to get high on life but lately I've built up a resistance.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484