automount vfat partition

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Wed Oct 5 16:48:02 UTC 2005

Automount and what goes in fstab are two separate entities.  Automounted
file systems are controlled by the automount daemon (service autofs)
And are typically controlled by the file /etc/auto.master (do an ls
/etc/auto.*)  Automount is typically used for remote file shares (like
network shares).  Whereas fstab is used for local partitions.  What
command are you running to mount /mnt/dwin and who are you running that
command as?

	-Mike