Editable PDF files

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Wed Oct 5 21:03:40 UTC 2005

On or about 2005-10-05 14:56, Michael Wiktowy pulled out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

>>Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 14:00:49 -0500
>>From: Fritz Whittington <f.whittington at att.net>
>>
>>Ian Pilcher grabbed a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

>>Update it to what?  The version 7.0.3 which I have installed seems to be
>>the latest, and it WILL NOT let you save the data you have filled in to
>>a form (unless you count printing it as a form of "saving").
>>

>I was just noodling with that same thing recently (specificially I was
>making PDF Froms with OO.o ... nice feature BTW) and wondering how one
>would save the info ... because you can't by default. The only way that
>I currently know is by using the "print to PDF" functionality to create
>a read-only PDF with your filled in info from your PDF viewer. I am not
>sure if this suits your purposes. I think you can natively print to PDF
>with FC4 and there is something called PDFCreator in Windows to do the
>same thing.
>As far as saving the data automagically with the PDF, it might be
>possible with some javascript magic in the original source PDF but I
>haven't gotten that far in my noodling to see if that is possible. If
>anyone can point me to some good resources for writing dynamic PDF
>forms, I would apreciate it.
>
>/Mike

Sounds like you should report this as a bug or an RFE to the Open Office
folks.

--
Fritz Whittington -- TI Alum -- http://www.tialumni.org
"This email does not contain private or confidential material as it may be snooped on by interested government parties for unknown and undisclosed purposes." --Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000