automount vfat partition

oleksandr korneta mai11ist at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 6 00:10:25 UTC 2005

on 10/05/2005 04:10 PM Harol Hunter wrote:
> try this
>
> /dev/hdb5   /mnt/dwin   vfat  auto,user,exec,uid=xxx,gid=xxx
>
> where xxx is your uid number and gid number

ok, that seems exactly what I expected. Works just perfect.

Now here is another question, this time about the autofs. By default if
FC3/4 whenever you plug in any removable drive (and cd/dvd) all new
mounting points are created in /media. The purpose of this directory is
incomprehensible for me, because I'm used that traditionally everything
is being mounted in /mnt. So the question is whether there is any quick
way to change the default location for new mounting point once and
forever from /media to /mnt.
I just dont feel comfortable when I got 2 mnt directories.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta