FC4 and IPv6

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Oct 6 10:08:42 UTC 2005

I've just upgraded to FC4 (clean install), and I'm just in the process
of merging setting from my old FC3 /etc into the new one. I prefer to
disable IPv6 completely as it seems (or seemed) to speed up things like
web browsing. Previously I did this by adding

alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off

to modprobe.conf. Is that still necessary, or is simply unchecking
"Enable IPv6 configuration for this interface" in

Desktop -> System Settings -> Network -> <device> -> Edit

sufficient?

TIA.

Darren