FC4, VMWare and prelink

D. D. Brierton darren at dzr-web.com
Thu Oct 6 10:27:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 11:20 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:

> With VMware 5.5 beta, you do not need to do anything else but
> installing it from the tarball.

Thanks Paul, but I don't want to run the beta of 5.5 (it has loads of
debugging stuff switched on and so is slower than 5.0.x). With 4.x the
installation would be fine and everything would work until the nightly
prelink cron job ran, after which it would stop working without the
additions I mentioned to prelink.conf. Of course, if you had disabled
prelink, or switched your machine off at night and disabled anacron then
you would never notice the problem.

Best, Darren