kernel 1526 issues

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Thu Oct 6 12:53:47 UTC 2005

With the updated kernel 1526 smp I find that my system is seemingly
running slower, programs take longer to start up and it appears to be
running on only 1 out of 2 processors. Also my SATA drives were found as
"sd" before and now are "hd" devices, minor, but annoying to switch.

Reading the archives I notice that others had the SATA switch to "hd".

I was following bug 155759 and running the usb-handoff and had received
a message that this kernel may solve the mouse problems.  It didn't.

For now I'm back to the 1456 kernel.