anyone know much about the Mylex driver?

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Thu Oct 6 14:24:58 UTC 2005

I've got an ExtremeRaid 3000 installed in my FC3 box.

I noticed the read and write cache were disabled, so I ran the ezassist
utility and changed the cache mode from write-thru to write-back.

Now I have this configuration:

   Logical Drives:
     /dev/rd/c0d0: RAID-1, Online, 71131136 blocks
                   Logical Device Initialized, BIOS Geometry: 255/63
                   Stripe Size: 64KB, Segment Size: 8KB
                   Read Cache Disabled, Write Cache Enabled
     /dev/rd/c0d1: RAID-5, Online, 100657152 blocks
                   Logical Device Initialized, BIOS Geometry: 255/63
                   Stripe Size: 64KB, Segment Size: 8KB
                   Read Cache Disabled, Write Cache Enabled
     /dev/rd/c0d2: RAID-5, Online, 619794432 blocks
                   Logical Device Initialized, BIOS Geometry: 255/63
                   Stripe Size: 64KB, Segment Size: 8KB
                   Read Cache Disabled, Write Cache Enabled
   No Rebuild or Consistency Check in Progress

How does one enable the read cache?

Is this a driver option or something that needs to be done at the card
level?

-Mike