system-config-users 1.2.39 broken?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Oct 6 15:38:42 UTC 2005

國產 Wei-Yee Chan (Made in Chinar) wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>

>>Of course. 40,000 viruses can't be wrong about windows as the platform
>>of choice...
>>

> Right, but that's besides the point.  Again, I emphasize that I am not
> advocating the use of Windoze.  I wouldn't be using Linux if I was
> convinced that Windoze was a more secure OS, would I?  I've seen a
> couple of reviews on the upcoming Windows Vista, and it seems like
> they're modeling it after Linux in some ways.

They are modeling it on the UNIX style of design which Linux is based
on.  Yes this has been announced and there has been many article
posted about how the whole Windows design process was broken.

Now many will say that Windows 95 and Windows XP are types of beta
programs and from my experiences, I would agree.  Now Vista is a major
re-write and this will cause headaches for many.  Software that won't
run and the costs of upgrading.

Of course being a new OS from the ground up will also cause there own
headaches.  Of course, from what I have read, and it is coming from
the pro-ms camp, Vista is one of the best program betas that they have
worked with.

When I can get a Windows OS to run without requiring a reboot at every
patch and upgrade, I will give it a try.
--
Robin Laing