yum broken

Spencer Kellis spencerkellis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 16:25:44 UTC 2005

(finally) happy to report some success -

for having fried my rpm installation:

/var/lib/rpmrebuild.8xxx contained backups of my original rpm dependencies,
etc. i copied the directory contents of the earliest-dated directory back to
/var/lib/rpm, and everything worked (or actually, didn't work as I described
originally) before.

next I deleted *only* the /var/lib/__db.00x files and ran rpm --rebuilddb.

yum (and rpm) both work now!

thanks again for all the help - i really appreciate it.

spencer