Core 4 Kernel Panic at Install

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 17:00:55 UTC 2005

> But an error has to occur if you pass the installer an unrecognized
> command. To be precise: do not tell him "linux garbage", but "garbage"
> or "foobar".

Oh, I misunderstood. I was passing linux garbage. I'll try it again with
jsut garbage.

> "linux nofb" would be useful or even necessary if there is a problem
> with the framebuffer mode the installer runs with and your graphics
> card. Your problem description sounds more like the other problem. As an
> alternate you could too try starting with a text install, to exclude
> graphical problems.

I was thinking there might be a problem with the graphics because I wasn't
getting the background logo. I'll even try a text install. I didn't try that
last night. I kept trying a gui with nofb.

Thanks.

--
-=/>Thom