mysql 4 upgrade

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at iesabroad.org
Thu Oct 6 17:04:25 UTC 2005

You could do that.  It may not be that easy, there's library issues you
may have to work out.  I ended up creating my own MySQL 4 spec file that
created the libraries and client files for me.  It worked for what I was
trying to do but it doesn't work for all Fedora packages.  Be prepared
to compile other programs against the MySQL 4 libraries (like php for
example)  What are the packages you're trying to use with MySQL 4.1 on
FC3?

	-Mike