FC4, VMWare and prelink

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Thu Oct 6 17:42:47 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 11:10 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> In earlier versions of VMWare Workstation (4.x) and Fedora Core it was
> necessary to add the following to /etc/prelink.conf:

> Does anyone know if this is still necessary with VMWare Workstation
> 5.0.x and FC4?

I've been running VMware on RedHat/Fedora since the VM 2.x days and I've
never had any issues with prelink.  I'm currently on 5.0 with
FC4/Rawhide and I still do not have any issues.  The vmware-any-any
patches are required to accomodate for kernel changes so that the vmmon
and vmnet modules will properly build, but that also does not touch
prelink.  I'm curious as to what problems you have seen or heard about
between prelink and VMware however.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>