mysql 4 upgrade

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:02:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 13:10, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > WebGUI and a document management system named Knowledge Tree.
> > Actually, the second on is the issue. Basic searching does
> > not work well in Knowledge Tree when using mysql 3.23, so
> > they are recommending users move to 4 or better.
> >
> >   What are the packages you're trying to use with MySQL 4.1 on
> > > FC3?
> > >

> I'd say go ahead and get the binary from MySQL, install it and we'll
> work from there.  Have you ever compiled php from the source before?

While this is workable, you might want to take a step back here
and consider switching from fedora to the Centos4 distribution
which has most applications matching FC3 with the notable exception
of including MySQL 4.  The big win is the expected 5 year supported
update cycle. You are already near the end of FC3's life and even
if you do get future updates you'll have to manage your add-in
mysql updates yourself.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com